A great way to add a boost of irresistible flavor to your dogs food. Then watch them lick those bowls clean.
2 Pounds Beef Scraps, uncooked
1 Cup Carrots, peeled and diced
1 Cup Sweet Potatoes, peeled and diced
1 Cup Frozen Peas, thawed
1/2 Cup White Rice, cooked
2 Cups Beef Broth, Unsalted or Low Sodium
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper lay beef scraps in a single layer fat side up
- While meat is baking. Cook rice using package directions. I like to cheat and use success rice boil bags, although it will usually make more than this recipe requires the remaining rice can be stored in the refrigerator up to 5 days.
- In a medium large saucepan add the carrots and sweet potatoes. Use enough beef broth to just cover the vegetable and cook until fork tender. Drain the vegetables over a bowl to reserve the beef broth then set aside the veggies to cool
- When the meat is done let it cool for a few minutes before adding the beef to your food processor. (If you want you can add some of the juices off the baking sheet to add another flavor level. Pulse the meat until it is your desired thickness I like pearl size bits. Then transfer the processed meat into a large mixing bowl
- In the mixing bowl with the meat add 1/4 cup of beef broth, the carrots and sweet potatoes, the peas and the rice
- Fold the mixture until well combined.
- Package the mixture divided into 3 gallon sized zip lock baggies and store in the refrigerator.
- **refrigerator timing has not been completed
- **freezing test will be performed on next batch