Yield: 2 Quart Jars
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Start to finish: 15 minutes
10 Each Kirby’s (pickling Cucumbers) or 6 Regular Cucumbers, Washed, Ends trimmed and sliced into spears or chips
6 Sprigs Fresh Dill,
3 Cups Water, Filtered or Distilled
3/4 Cup Distilled White Vinegar
2 Tablespoons Kosher Salt
1 Tablespoon Whole Black Peppercorn, divided
6 Cloves Garlic, peeled, and sliced then divided
- Prepare the Kirby’s or cucumber and set aside.
- Combine water, vinegar and salt in a large bowl and stir until the salt is dissolved.
- Divide the garlic, peppercorns and sprigs of dill between the jars.
- Divide the Kirby’s or cucumbers between the jars. Packing them as tightly as possible. Hint: slanting the jars while filling with spears.
- Fill each jar with the brine to the top of cucumbers. Discard any remaining brine.
- Screw on the lids tightly and shake to mix up the contents. Refrigerate at least 48 hours prior to serving.
- Good for 4-6 weeks, but once opened consume with 2 weeks.
Notes: 2 – 3 qt. size canning jars or 4 wide mouth pint size jars
The quantity of the jar amounts will vary depending on the size of your Kirby’s and Cucumbers.
Serving Ideas: Want to give your pickles a little kick add a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes to each jar prior to filling.
Want more spice slice up a jalapeno and add a few slices to each jar.