Yield: 6 1/2 cup servings
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Start to finish: 25 minutes
1 Bunch Kale, stems removed. Leaves rinsed and chopped
2/3 Cup Chicken or Beef Broth, Low Sodium, divided
3 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 Cup Onions,, diced
4 Slices Bacon, browned and crumbled
2 Cloves Garlic, minced
1 Dash Crushed Red Pepper Flakes, if desired
- Rinse the kale thoroughly. Pat dry. remove leaves from the stem. Chop leaves. discard stems
- In a deep frying pan, add butter and olive oil. Heat on medium heat about 1 minute.
- Add in garlic and cook about 1 minute, then add onions stirring constantly, about 2 minutes.
- Add bacon and cook for another 2 minutes. Add 1/3 cup chicken/beef broth and cook another minute until all the leaves are coated.
- Add Kale and toss until all the liquid is absorbed. Then add the other 1/3 cup broth and lower heat.
- Add salt and pepper. And a dash of crushed red pepper flakes, if desired.
- Simmer about 5 minutes more.
- Pour into a nice serving dish and enjoy.