A delicious almost pickled finger food for vegetable lovers.
4 cups water
2 cups red wine vinegar
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons salt
2 teaspoons dried oregano
2 each bay leaves
2 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
1/4 head cauliflower, cut into florets
1 each red pepper, washed, pitted and sliced
2 stalks celery
1 each onion, cut into eighths
2 each carrots, cut into 2″ sticks or 1/2 cup baby carrots cut into strips
1/2 cup black or green olives, pitted or unpitted.
freshly ground pepper
1. Add vinegar, salt, oregano, bayleaves, garlic and olive oil to a large stock pot. Stir to dissolve salt.
2. Bring to a boil. Once boiling add cauliflower and cook 1 minute.
3. Turn off heat and add remaining vegetables. Stir occassionally and allow to cool to room temperature in pot.
4. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
5. Or add to air-tight container, drizzle with liquid and refrigerate up to 30 days.
7. I preserved the remaining liquid to use as a dressing for salads. Store in air-tight container up to 1 month.