6 Each Plum Tomatoes, peeled, drained and diced
1 Clove Garlic, minced
2 Each Large Basil Leaves, Fresh, rinsed and chopped
1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 1/2 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
1 Dash Sea Salt, to taste
1 Dash Black Pepper, to taste
1. In a medium saucepan, bring about 4 cups water to boil. Remove from heat and add tomatoes for approximately 2 minutes so they are easier to peel. Let them rest until they are cool enough to handle.
2. Slice the tomatoes in half from stem to tip and remove stem base with a paring knife. Squeeze out the seeds and cut away membranes. Then dice.
3. Mix together tomatoes, garlic, basil, olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
4. Add salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate at least 3 hours.
5. Serve on toasted baguettes or sliced Italian bread toasted lightly.
Notes: Canned whole peeled tomatoes work great in a pinch.
Serving Ideas: Try turning this yummy treat into a dish. Bruschetta pizza is an all-time favorite